Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peek-a-boo, I see you

Yes, I am still here, it's been a busier work week. As you can see a post back, I have been busy with tatting homework, and then there is this:



Blue/Gray shifting to a gold color : 100% wool
Orange : Silk/Merino Blend



Heide from Serendipitous Opportuknitty offered some cobweb yarn up about a month ago, she didn't end up liking the yarn because in her words the yarn was too fine for her to see. I was more than willing to try. So I have been swatching, and yes, I realize that I didn't take any pictures of the swatches, sorry. Now I am sure some of you are thinking . . . but you don't even like lace knitting. True and not true.

Dislikes:
~Open meshes stockinette created by using needles that are technically too big for the yarn.
~Large projects to carry around.

Likes:
~Thin yarn.
~Tiny needles.

She also sent this booklet:







It suggests using US 0 or US 1 needles. I thought well, this is perfect. Not quite, I almost always have to go down in size to get gauge and I still thought the US 0 was too loose. So then I tried the smallest needles I own, US 000. This was so very close to what I was looking for, but not quite. So what is a girl to do? Order even smaller needles of course! I'll keep you updated when my new needles arrive and how the swatching goes.

3 comments:

  1. That book looks very interesting, I'm going to have to check that one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that yarn is going to knit up beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. With that enticement, it's no wonder that you're willing to give lace a try. =)

    Looks like a great book, and the yarn is beautiful.

    Quadruple oughts? You do like tiny needles!

    ReplyDelete