Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Inspirations




Recipe Inspirations:

~ I am trying to get more seafood into my diet and these Shrimp Cakes Bites sound good!

~These Cilantro and Lime Fish Tacos sound good enough to eat without the tortillas.

~ One of the harder aspects of paleo eating is the previous soups I made depended a lot on milk, cheeses, potatoes, rice, and sometimes corn. It makes making a good soup harder, but I would like to figure out how to make a paleo version of this Smoked Seafood Chowder.

~This Cucumber Tomato Salad sounds simple yet good, I will have to try it.

~ Ah, sometimes it is about the small cheats and this Blueberry Mousse Pie sounds like a worthy cheat.

~ I'd like to try these Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes, when eating gluten free, things made predominantly of almond flours always seem grainy in texture. I'm either going to have to work with this or find a way to have them less grainy.

~ At first when doing the paleo eating I refused to give up potatoes . . . after all, all of this healthy eating seemed to be about giving up the foods I always loved. My comfort foods, but lets face it, food isn't meant to be about comfort, it's meant to be nutrition. So I gave up my potatoes after two weeks into the paleo eating and my stomach has thanked me, ugh! I am intrigued to try things like these Paleo Potatoes. I couldn't find any celeriac root at the grocery store, but I am going to keep looking.

~ Simple and sweet seems like the best words to describe this Almond Fruit Tart.

3 comments:

  1. The first four are must-tries for me. I love fish and seafood. Oddly, it's poultry I could do without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you can or can't have no your new way of eating but I make soup creamy with lard, flour, and stock. That is it. Wow, you no potatoes..... I think food can be a comfort as well. A warm bowl of soup on a cold dark night, comfort. How is your other half liking the new way of eating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if nuts would work for creamy soups? Cashews are supposed to make a pretty good texture replacement for dairy, I think. And then there's always coconut, if you can afford the calories on the new diet. Coconut milk makes lots of good things even better.

    ReplyDelete