Saturday, April 25, 2009

Interweave Knits Summer 2009

Ah, the Summer 2009 issue of Interweave Knits.

Patterns:
Lace Scarf (book excerpt from Feminine Knits) - - Very delicate and nice. The contrast between the edging and the main panel is lovely.

Laura's Cardigan - - I really love the color and the nice mix of stripes and plaid. I find the colors used to be very nice also. I like the variety of sized available also. Designer, Annie Modesitt's blog and website.

Great Gatsby Dress - - I think it is cute and nicely structured for a knitted dress. It fits the model well and not overly done. Designer is Mari Lynn Patrick.

Stanwyck Pullover - - I really love this. I don't necessarily know if it would look good one a bigger person like myself though. I love the combination of stitches used and the 60's/70's look of it. Designer is Naomi Griffin.

Ribbons and Lace Cardigan - - It is okay, but not a fan of the fit overall. It doesn't seem to fit the model well, being baggy around the chest and armpit area, but snug around the waist is not very flattering and really loses the shape of the model. Designer, Connie Chang Chinchio's blog.

Elemental Boatneck - - Not sure how I feel about this. I love the subtly texture of the stitch, but the fit if off and I am not sure whether I think it is flattering. I think possibly with some waist shaping it could be a really nice top. Designer, Hannah Fettig's blog.

Grotto Wrap - - Nice wrap, but doesn't seem like anything particularly special or different from other wraps I have seen. Free on website. Designer is Karen D. Kendrick-Hands.

Oneshot Lace Hat - -Nice and simple. I like the fact that it is more of an airy, summery cap. Nice and simple. Designer is Hana Jason.

Filet Patch Blouse - - I don't really care for the half-hazard, raggedy appearance of the squares or the deep armpits. It's more of a smock. Designer is Teva Durham.

Luminarie Skirt - - Mixed feeling. I like the stitch pattern used and the way the motifs are connected. But I don't really think it looks very good as a skirt, it just looks heavy and not delicate. Designer, Annie Modesitt's blog and website.

Bricks and Mortar Tunic - - I actually really like this. I like the stripes and I like the stitch pattern. I would make the armpits not so deep. My only real disappointment is that there is not picture of the back. Designer is Deborah Newton.

Spidery Tank - - I like this one too. The stitch pattern looks great, I like the woven look of it.. I like the long length and the razor back. It looks like a nice layering piece. Designer is Nichola Thompson.

Trellis and Keyhole Tank - - Nice, basic, simple. Seems to be a bit baggy, but okay over all. I like how it is not over done. Designer, Connie Chang Chinchio's blog.

Kalahari Tote - - A nice looking bag. I like that it is deeper than some of the ones you normally see. Designer, Vivian Hoxbro's website.

Henley Tank - - I like the stitch pattern and the general look of simplicity this top has. I would probably add some short sleeves to it and some slight waist shaping though. Designer is Deborah Newton.

Sprout Tee - - Again, nice simplicity. Nice clean design that is not bogged down by too many stitch patterns. I would probably add some waist shaping, but otherwise, I like it just the way it is. Designer, Kathy Zimmerman's website.

Akomeogi Tunic - - I don't much care for this. It seems too large for the model. No standing pictures. In general doesn't look very flattering. Designer Olga Buraya-Kefelian's blog.

Ruffle and Pleat Skirt - - It's okay, not particularly a fan of knitted skirts. Nice and simple though, could work. Designer Cecily Glowik Macdonald's blog.

Adobe Table Runner - - Simple, but nothing complex enough to really need a pattern. Designer is Vicki Square.

Linda's Wrap Vest - - Not sure. I am not sure if the asymmetrical look really works here or not. Conflicted. I like the light airiness of it. Designer is Mari Lynn Patrick.

Heirloom Knits:
Bride's Sachet

Cabled Raglan, Lacy Sachet, and Sweet Hex Child's Hood to come on site.



Interesting Articles:
Theresa Honeywell:Everything Nice - - Theresa Honeywell a fiber artist and her unique knitted cozies for manly objects. Article is short though.

Jogless Stripes - - Nice techniques. I would love to spend some time working with some of these.


Other Interesting Things:
~I like the top in the Tahki Yarns add on page three. Nice texture.



Overall, I think Interweave Knits is much better than it has been. They are sticking with nice designs that are not over done. The clothing fits the models much better. Definitely some things that I would like to knit. I am now actually looking forward to the Fall issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment