Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spiral Shawl test-knit


Well, I am back a little early for two reasons, one I missed blogging and so I can show you this beautiful shawl. My blogging will be sporadic during the summer, but I will still be around.





This is probably the best picture of me with it on and the most likely way it will get worn.
DSC04925


DSC04917


DSC04916

Even Wookie had to investigate to make sure it met his strict standards.
DSC04913

He played guard dog while it blocked too. . . you know all those scary neighbors who might break in to steal a freshly blocked shawl!
DSC04903

I didn't have anything big enough to block it, so I folded it in half and blocked it out on my yoga mat.  I also blocked mine a little more aggressively than the designer, Erica, because I wanted my points, but it definitely could have been blocked harder.

DSC04911

Love these double increases!
DSC04909



If you'd like to see more pics, please go to either:

Flickr Set

Ravelry Project Page

Yarn: Beehive Scotch Fingering
Color: Beige, Yellow(dyed with Wiltons), and Orange(dyed with Wiltons)
Content: 100% Wool

Needles: US 2

6 comments:

  1. Pretty. However I have never seen one worn in the front. The bulk is always in the back. You know, cause I have been around so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to have you back! This shawl looks awesome! Love the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I rarely block aggressively, but that does look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so beautiful!! Great knitting!!
    Vicki
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how those colors worked out together. I probably wouldn't have picked them out of the stash myself, but they look great. I especially love the edge detail of having one row of each color at the very edge. I've definitely learned something from watching your test knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shawl is very beautiful.I really love it.
    Embroidery designs

    ReplyDelete