So on the first of each month, I wanted to revisit my 33 in 33 things to see what, if any progress I was making. Not only to keep myself accountable, but also to kind of pat myself on the back . . . both I think are needed for me to succeed.
So here is my list of things to try/work on/accomplish in no specific order:
1. Spin a sweaters worth of yarn. - I purchased 12oz so far of a lovely roving that I would love to spin and knit into a sweater for myself. - No progress on this, I am still working on the roving that is currently on my wheel.
2. Start knitting a sweater with hand-spun yarn. - See #1.
3. Take 30 minutes a day to either exercise/meditate. - This was even less successful than January.
4. Attend the church next door at least twice. - I am missing lately the feeling of community and the church is a Unitarian Church, so they accept people of any belief, so I want to go and see if it's somewhere I might feel like I belong. - Not yet.
5. Have an allowance, no more that $50 per month, while saving for a house. - Did well with this.
6. Try making my own triangle shawl design. - I am finding that this winter season I am really preferring shawls over scarves due to bulk issues. - I haven't made much progress on this since January.
7. Design a sweater for Eleanor based on the Bobba Hat. - have not started the design.
8. Knit a sweater/top for Justice. - thinking about a cabled smooshy sweater - have not started yet
10. Knit a sweater/top for Liam. - vest or dressy/nerdy looking sweater for a classy little young man - have started an intarsia argyle vest for him.
12. Sew Echo, Justice, and Vera a version of these also for a Mother's Day gift for Echo. - haven't started these, still plenty of time
13. Sew myself a version of this also, as I think it would be nifty. - not started yet.
14 - 17. Knit double-knit Seahawks/Mariners cowls for Echo, Justice, Vera, and Rhoni. - I won't be starting this till about Spring or Summer
18. Knit Eleanor some nifty socks. - not yet
20. Fix loom so I can actually use it. - Still at its 80% fixed from January.
21. I want 2013 to be the Year of Swatching for me. - I would like to knit more swatches just for the sake of swatching to create ideas, to try new stitch designs, etc. - this hasn't made any progress
22. Take the time to eat healthy. - I haven't been doing so well this end of the year and have gained some of my weight back and in general felt blah. - I am working myself back on track to Paleo . . . maybe the only area I made decent progress.
23. Try more variety for Wookie's homemade food and make batches big enough to freeze. - We have gone to homemade food supplemented with some kibble. - this is going well and Wookie is eating much healthier and seems to be feeling better
25. Try more experimenting in cooking, especially Paleo cooking and Gluten-Free baking. - Not so much here.
26. Try dyeing the cotton/linen yarn I have so that I will actually use it. - haven't tried this, probably won't happen until Summer when it is warmer for drying purposes
27. Knit John a pair of Birthday Socks in the Alda Road Socks pattern with the Stellar colorway from Apothecary Yarns. - I have started these, I am doing the toes, heels, and cuffs a different color to make sure I have enough. I love how they are turning out, but I decided to do plan stockinette.
28. This summer try taking Wookie out with the bicycle. - I purchased last summer one of the kids buggies that go behind the bike for him, so I could ride my bike to the dog park with him, but never did it this year. - Summer time
29. Buy one of the Petite Turkish Spindles from Riley Wood and Fiber Art. - Love the look of his Petite Spindles and I don't have to have it Internationally Shipped! - not yet
30. Finish Eleanor's Blanket that I started before she was born. - Yes, it has sat 80% finished for the last almost 2 years. - have not restarted this yet
31. Finish Vera's Blanket that I started before she was born. - Yes, I started it 4 years ago . . . I would like to finish it, it's about 70% complete. I have a harder time finishing things when they are no longer travel size! - Will get back to this soon.
32. Accept that knitting or crafting does not always have to have a recipient, sometimes it's just nice to make something. - I actually made some time for this, not until the end of the month, but still, I did make time to just learn knew techniques or just make something.
33. Experiment with life more.- Eating out less give the husband and I more time to spend together, which is nice. I am considering purchasing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I love Jillian's style.