Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Redbuds Test Knit Socks

I chose to make these socks, because of some of the techniques I would learn. The heel/gusset area is different from what I have usually done, as is the sole of the foot. So I learned some interesting things. I also love the back of the leg of this design . . . otherwise, I just felt like I was trudging through it. The gauge makes the sock too small, so they will be going to my niece, Justice. Also there were too many parts in the sock that made the unacceptable for bus knitting, which meant I had to find other times, which isn't easy.

Overall, they are pretty, but I wouldn't knit them again . . . honestly, there were a couple of times I felt like withdrawing from the testknit and just not finishing these at all.

It was hard to photograph these due to their color, it is more of a deeper red.

 photo DSC05530_zpsc8fa981f.jpg

 photo DSC05533_zps67e0dec5.jpg

The interesting sole is knit so the stretch is diagonal.  I wish these would have fit me so I would know how well this type of sole works.
 photo DSC05534_zps8852e409.jpg

Love all the small cables on the back of the cuff here.
 photo DSC05537_zps180e0688.jpg

Yarn: Organi Filati Merino Mix Fine
Color: 1208 -- or as I call it, dark cherry
Content: 50% Merino / 50% Acrylic
Care: Machine wash, lay flat to dry
Needles: US 0 / 2mm
Pattern: KY Redbuds
Mods: Yes, I did make mods, since the cuff was so much smaller than the pattern said it should be, I loosened my gauge and did a gauge of 8sts per inch, instead of 9sts per inch.

1 comment: