Thursday, May 29, 2008

No need to fear

Well, I was gone for about a week, just busy with work and getting lesson plans ready for Art Camp. I took lots of pics of my other wips today though, so lots of stuff to check out. I am going to do three differnt posts to kind of break things up.

* * * * *

First up we have my desire to learn a good sock formula. This stems from loving the books Sensational Knitted Socks and More Sensational Knitted Socks. I love the whole formula idea where you can plug in your numbers and go. So, this pink sock is my first attempt to do something similar with crochet. Still a long way to go, I want to try different types of heels and toes. Anyways, right now, it's mostly ideas in my head and some in my journal, but here is the first attempt.




Size F/4.0 hook with Caron Simply Soft (a light pink, sorry lost the ball band)

The fit is mostly good, but a little wonky in the heel and a little too loose on the cuff, but those aren't too traumatic. I have high hopes for this venture.

* * * * *

Next up are the socks I have started for my sister Echo with the Knit Picks yarn that I dyed. I am loving how they are turning out. I ended up knitting them on 0us/2mm needles. I swatched a few pattern designs but didn't like what they did to the colorway and decided that just a plain stockinette stitch would be the nicest.






* * * * *

Last up for this post is baby Gerrin's blanket. I am using a pattern out of a book I have called Afghans on the Double, put out by Oxmoor House and Leisure Arts. The pattern is called Distinctive Diamonds. I am using Bernat Softee Chunky in Circus, Hot Blue and Hot Lime(pictured). The Circus is a mix of greens an blues and will be the border. Not far yet, but here is what we've got:



No comments:

Post a Comment