Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mystery Medallion Shawl

Jen of Knitting Like Crazy held a mystery shawl knit along for the month of May. I casted on the day after the first clue came out, May 7th, and knit away. I was only a couple rows away from finishing clue one, when I realized my stitch count would be off when I completed clue one. So I gave a good look at the shawl to see where I messed up. Can you see it?

Can you see how the top diamond is a bit smaller than the next one?
Photobucket

Yes, people. I missed a lace row and the purl back row after it!
Photobucket


So it was frogged and I cast on again. This was right before I left for Washington State. I knit in the airport some and on the plane. I got a few rows done while visiting. I am finally finished with Clue One . . . again.

A very rough blocking to show the pretty.
Photobucket



As you can see the diamonds are correctly sized now. Also you can see Wookie's little feet in the top left corner. He wants you to know that he must supervise everything!


Wouldn't you hire this face?
Photobucket



I have moved onto the second clue and am quickly making progress. I have given myself permission to cast on for Wendy's Summer Mystery Shawlette when I have completed the Mystery Medallion. P.S. - Clue Four has been released!

4 comments:

  1. Good God - THAT'S a happy face!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Wendy's KAL. That one is nice too.

    (Chan who has given up and just is using Anon...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color. I yeah, I could see the different sizes. It didn't bother me, but it /was/ there. It must help to have such a cheerful supervisor around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Good work, and the color is nice also
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete