Sunday, September 23, 2012

Canned treats

My sister, Rhoni, sent me some lovely canned goods as she ventures her way through canning. Poor me, right?


Ah, behold the goodies:

Pickles:  Loved the pickles, they taste different from grocery store pickles, in a good way.
Pickles

Plum Jam : I liked this, a little sweet, but I love plums.
Plum Jam

Blackberry Jam : This is/was delicious . . . I may have eaten most of it already.  Wow, these blackberries are delicious in this.
Blackberry Jam

Plum Preserves : I liked this, also a little sweet, but as I said, love plums.
Plum Preserves

Sweet Relish : Also, different from grocery store kind, but in a good way.  I really liked that the flavor of these had more depth than just sweet.
Sweet Relish


I added some of the screw on lids so I could seal them up again.  I didn't have one the size of the pickle jar so they are in a tupperware container in the fridge.

I guess, if I am lucky, I will receive more canned yummies for Christmas! Check out a little more info on her canning adventures from my sister, Rhoni's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Ow my heavens. I didn't send you the bands. I am losing my mind. I always take them off when done but put bands back on before gifting. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canning is wonderful...it's nice to have someone who can gift you goodies. Most home canning recipes call for a huge amount of sugar (it's a preservative, so it's one way to keep them safe). You can get low-sugar pectin, though, and that helps a lot. Or, just use a little bit and call it a special treat. =)

    ReplyDelete