Here he is exploring the kitchen.
Here you can see Mr. Elefante has a slight balance issue, unfortunately.
Here is a shot from the front.
Mr. Elefante made me take a picture of his tiny little tail and he'd like to know, does it makes him look fat?
Here he is showing of his skills as he hopes to one day join the circus.
And lastly, here is a good picture of his ears. I thought the turned out pretty much as I had intended.
I decided to make my own kind of ears though, because I wanted something more than just a circle. I wanted them to look a little more like elephant ears. I still used a size E/3.5mm hook.
In first chain stitch, make 4 sc stitches, ch1 and turn
Sc twice in each stitch, at end ch 1 and turn (do this for three rows total).
Sc in each stitch once, at end ch 1 and turn.
Sc in first 8 stitches, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 5 sc, slip stitch in next 8 stitches, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 hdc, slip stitch in last four. Bind off, this is the bottom of the ear. (On opposite ear, I did this row backwards: Slip stitch in first four, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 hdc, slip stitch in next 8 stitches, 5 sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 1 hdc, sc in last 8 stitches. Bind off, this is the top of the ear. This is so they mirror each other.)
I also changed the tail, but I just did a crocheted chain of about 8 or 10 and frayed the end of the yarn and attached it.
He does not have eyes for two reasons. No buttons because he will be traveling to my nieces house to live with them and buttons are bad for babies. He does not have embroidered eyes because I do not feel confident in my embroidering skills, especially on knitting.
Over all, very glad I ended up doing this pattern. I think he looks adorable and honestly thought about keeping him instead, but I am sure they will enjoy his company more.