Yarn: Panda Silk
Care: machine wash cold, lay flat
Content: 52% bamboo, 43% superwash wool, 5% combed silk
Color: 4006 (variegated plum/pink)
Needles: US 0 / 2mm metal dpns
Gauge: 10 sts per inch
You can see how the one on the right spiraled around the sock and the one on the left just did whatever made it happy.
Here is a close up. I forgot to take a picture of the back of the heel, but I used the German Heel from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks. This is a heel I haven't tried yet, I hope it works well. Hopefully she'll let me know how it fits.
A close-up of the Leyburn-ish pattern. I took the theory of the stitch pattern and adjusted it to my needs for the sock. The German heel takes up a lot of stitches, so my stitch count for the top of the sock was quite low.
The toe is my version of a round toe, also from Vintage Socks. I chose to divide it by 8 and change the decrease rounds to fit how long I needed the toe to be. I really like how it looks. Hope she will let me know how the toe fits, also.
Overall, I enjoyed the new things I learned from knitting this sock. The heel, toe, and stitch pattern were new to me. I had my frustrations with the yarn, but part of that was my stubbornness in not getting what I expected. Also, it was due to the content of the yarn. The yarn was just too slick. I had a difficult time getting consistent gauge because of this. Love how the yarn feels, but I would most likely never knit with it again due to the gauge issues.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!