Friday, November 27, 2009

Rhoni's Christmas Socks

Rhoni's socks were not quite as annoying, just somewhat tedious. As I mentioned before, I did my decreases wrong, way back on the heel and had to re-knit the second sock after I had already made it to the toe. Similar issues with gauge, but not quite as bad as Echo's. Not sure if the dye differences made the yarn feel different, but Rhoni's yarn was not as slippery as Echo's

Yarn: Panda Silk
Content: 52% bamboo, 43% superwash wool, 5% combed silk
Care: Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry
Color: 3202 (black)
Needle: US 1 / 2.25mm metal dpns
Gauge: 9.5sts per inch
Size: 6.5


Here is one sock by itself. I like the way everything in the sock turned out. In the beginning the patterned part was interesting. Although, it was a fairly simple, it was just a tad too difficult for me to memorize, which was annoying. It gave me less time to work on it, since I'd have to pull out the pattern.


Both socks together. The heel is just a regular slip-stitch heel worked over a little more than half the stitches.


The stitch pattern was from one of the Barbara Walker books, I believe. I don't remember and I didn't write it down, which is annoying. It was a pattern worked back and forth and I altered it to be worked in the round.


I worked the same toe on Rhoni and Echo's socks. I like how it worked on Rhoni's first sock and chose to do it on Echo's also. The math is different, because the space, gauge and numbers were different.



Overall, black is no so interesting to knit with, but the sock wasn't too bad. All the different parts worked nicely together. I am quite happy with how these turned out.

I will admit that all this sock knitting really makes me want sock blockers! I think when break arrives I will get some good thick foam board and make my own.

3 comments:

  1. Well there goes the element of surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those socks! Too bad you don't remember the name of the stitch pattern; I'd like to know what it is. It's amazing how you can look through the Walker books a hundred times and never "see" a pattern until someone else uses it.

    ReplyDelete