Friday, May 14, 2010

Food Friday - Spinach Florentine Potato Soup

I used this recipe for Spinach Florentine Potato Soup. When Amy posted this on her blog, it immediately sounded good to me. My only point of concern is the fact that I am so picky about my spinach. I love spinach, but only if it's cooked just right. :)

I did modify it some:
~ground Rosemary instead of crushed (ground rosemary is the only kind I can tolerate)
~gluten free chicken stock instead of veggie stock (I am not a very big fan of veggie stock)
~did not use the parsley
~did not use the Neufchatel Cheese (did not have it on hand and didn't see any particular reason to use this cheese in specific)
~used 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, instead of a half cup (had plenty of this on hand)
~used 1 cup heavy cream instead of 2 cups of milk
~used black pepper instead of white

Okay, so maybe I modified it a little more than some. :)


Spinach Florentine Potato Soup



I know it doesn't look like a lot, but it was very yummy. I am a complete leftover lover, in fact, I usually think things taste better as leftovers than when first made. The leftovers of this were okay, but not as good as when if was fresh.

I will definitely make this again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I'm going to make this! My hubby is out of town and I was wondering what I could make for an easy good homemade meal when he gets back.
    This looks perfect!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... wonder if I can make a one-serving size?

    ReplyDelete