Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bakers Dozen Square

Yarn : Red Heart
Color : White
Content : 100% acrylic
Care : machine wash and dry

Yarn : Red Heart Sport
Color : Green (don't remember exact color, maybe spring green)
Content: 100% acrylic
Care : machine wash and dry

Pattern : Mosaic Knitting by Barbara G. Walker. Page 209, Magic Mosaic Square #36

Needles : US 6 / 4mm wooden circulars


Here is the square before it was blocked out some and when I had just started the duplicate stitching. Since this is a slip stitch square, I chose to do one stitch over the top of two stitches, which is why the red flower stitches look larger.
Photobucket

This after I blocked out the square, it rolled on the edges, since it is stockinette, so I loosely pinned it back out again, so you guys could see it all.

Photobucket


I really loved making this square, even though it took me about 4 or 5 starts to get the right color mixtures! I definitely see more mosaic knitting in my future. Because I haven't done much mosaic knitting it doesn't completely block out to 12"x12", but I hope the MoM(Member of the Month) doesn't mind. I'll stick an offer in there to make her another square if she wants one to the correct size. :)

I truly enjoyed this process. I am glad I joined this group because it is giving me chances to do new things and revisit things I don't do often enough.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the square. Definitely looks like a cactus! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't be pleased with that square. It's almost enough to make me interesting in mosaic knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that turned out beautiful, I love the addition of the red flowers.
    I have never done any mosaic knitting. I would consider it now.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that turned out fabulously. and if it's only shy of the 12x12 it should still work fine. I think I'd have a hard time giving it away. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really beautiful! I find mosaic knitting to be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the MoM truly loved that square (me, being the MoM and recipient). I'll add a row or two of single crochet or half doubles, to tame down the edges and it will be a beautiful, well-behaved mocaic of cactus and desert flowers...
    Thanks, Walden121!

    ReplyDelete