Thursday, November 24, 2011

Time, what is that?

Ah, it seems to a constant that lately, time just doesn't seem to be in abundance around this household. So as you've noticed, I am still around, just more popping in here and there. Our big project at work started this week, so overtime is back again. For the next 11 weeks I will continue working 10 hour days, which will be great for the banking account, but not so good for the problem of time and having any of it! Just letting you know in case I disappear for a few days here and there, just working more.

I do have something to share with you on this lovely Thanksgiving . . . Qannick Sweater (ravelry link).

Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby
Color: Lemon
Content: 100% Acrylic
Care: Machine Wash and Dry
Size: 2T
Needles: US 3 / 3.25mm
Pattern: Qannick (ravelry link)
Modifications: No modification since it was a test knit.

I knit a 2T so I could gift it to my niece Ellie, however, she is an expert grower and this may not fit her by the time it arrives. I hope it does, but if it doesn't it will then be given to Vera, another niece.



I enjoyed knitting this, there were a few corrections needed during test knitting, but the designer was quick at fixing them.  I wasn't able to finish it while I was out in Washington State, but I'll hopefully be mailing it off on Sunday.
Photobucket

I'm not sure if I like the pointed hood though.  I will have to wait until I see pictures of it on a child.
Photobucket

I spent too long looking for perfect buttons . . . even as is, these are a little fiddly.
Photobucket


Photobucket





On a positive side note, the husband is getting me a net-book for Christmas so I should be a little more active on here since I will have a portable and convenient way of keeping in touch.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it will fit but she is now a four t on top so we will see. All size charts are different. That is wonderful on the gift. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sweater, and yay for full bank accounts! (Drat the no-time thing, though...)

    ReplyDelete