I wanted to make something that would be a good drying mat, so the bottom is the pretty brown cotton fabric, next layer is fleece, then a layer of cotton batting, and the top layer is terrycloth. My theory behind this was, the terrycloth and the cotton batting with be nice and absorbent, the fleece will stop the water from traveling down to the counter, and then the bottom is just pretty fabric. I used the bottom fabric pulled around the sides to add the edging.
I made two, because I figured if one was in the wash, she could use the other. For size, they are 16" x 16".
I hope she likes them and they work for what she was hoping. I thought about making some matching things to go with them, but I'd like to find out if she likes these first.
I have to say, I think they turned out better than I thought they would and I'd like to take some time to make myself a few larger ones. I have a few terrycloth colors, just need to get more cotton batting and fleece.