Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Better Batter Chocolate Cake Mix

I got around to trying the Chocolate Cake Mix from Better Batter. I used the previous idea of subbing most of the oil for applesauce and it worked wonderfully, I subbed all of the oil, except one tablespoon of the oil with applesauce(natural, no sugar added). The cake was really delicious. I used lemon frosting! My only negative remark is that it's not actually very chocolatey tasting. I will probably add some cocoa to the mix in the future.





DSC04970


DSC04972


Does it not look delicious?

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're finding good options out there. One of my favorite muffin "fixes" is a box of chocolate (or any flavor, really) cake mix and a 15 oz. (or whatever is close to that?) can of pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling, just the plain, canned pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! The lemon frosting sounds great! I just made the yellow cake and paired that with lemon frosting! We love better batter too :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look delicious! It's so nice when you can get something off the shelf that actually works. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap that looks good! My mouth started watering!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete