Friday, August 1, 2014

Post Tour De Fleece

I most definitely did not get as much done during the Tour De Fleece as I wanted to, but I did better than years prior and am happy with what I did finish.

I finished somewhere around a bit less than half (I am bad with estimations) of the Greenwood Fiberworks in the colorway Arcade, 85% BFL and 15% Tussah Silk. I got 165 yards of a chain ply/3-ply. I love the way the colors turned out in the end and would definitely recommend this fiber! It's around a fingering weight or maybe a light fingering weight.

 photo 20140730_183539_zpsw8soctgn.jpg



I am still slowly spinning the rest of it and I am more successfully trying Plying-on-the-fly chain playing. Thanks to Revelations of a Delusional Knitter's YouTube video.




Here is my little bit of progress so far on the rest of the fiber.
 photo 20140725_213603_zpsuivcob4f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen someone ply on the fly. Useful trick to have in your back pocket, I imagine. =)

    ReplyDelete