Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mud fight anyone?

Warning, this post is very picture heavy.

Sorry to disappear for a month! I had two weeks of vacation, one I went to Washington State and visited my sisters and their families, and the second week I stayed home and relaxed with the husband who also had that week off. The last two weeks have been a chaos of work, overtime, and way too hot weather . . . so that's why I haven't been online. It's cooled down, out of the 90s with horrible things like 80% humidity!

But that's not fun to hear about, lets talk about my first night in Washington State and the mud fight. Everyone loves a good mud fight right?



Once I convinced my nieces, Justice and Vera, that yes, it was okay to throw mud at me, they went for it!
128

But I got them too!
135

Such fun!
115

Mud fights help boost confidence in strong little girls!
118

And are also good for a laugh or two!
099

Of course I had to convince the girls to go get their mom, my sister Echo!
183

She tried to bring out the MOM VOICE, but the fun AUNT VOICE was louder.  You can see to the sidelines we have little Liam and Daddy.  We did set some rules, so they were safe.
140

Isn't he just adorable?  He's plotting his future mud fights.
213

Of course I had to show the girls that they really could get their mom, by of course going after her myself.
225

As you can see, she enjoyed it, right?
261

Right?
254

Even, Uncle John, got caught up in the action.  Unfortunately, he got one of the little mud clumps that had a rock in it.  Those were highly unpleasant.
293

After a good mud fight, what is needed?
320

A good bath of course!
341

Even Zero, the dog, was interested in what was going on.
218

Everyone had an interesting time . . .
089

and a fun time . . .
120

and a crazy time!
297




I learned a very valuable lesson . . . some 9 year old little girls have scary good aim! It was a blast though!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun!! I'm glad you had a great time while you were visiting. Your nieces are adorable. Reminds me of helping my aunt and uncle load pigs for market once... I bet you and your nieces smelled better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have mud on the side of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really win the fun aunt award. And I usually think of mudslinging as a bad thing...looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete