It's wrinkled from being in my bag. The fabric was all hand-painted with acrylics. The water background was painted as one piece with blues, greens, and purples. The colors were very diluted and I used more of a wash technique with some layering.
The green strips were painted as one larger piece with less diluted paint and just one color of green. I then cut up the fabric into the size pieces that I wanted and sewed them together. The outside of the fabric is hemmed with transparent thread as to not distract from the rest of the piece.
Lastly, I created two fish stamps. They are not as complicated as I had originally hoped to make, but with the supplies I had, it was too difficult to do that. Next time I make something like this I will buy linoleum squares to do some real intricate carvings. The fish are stamped onto the fabric with non-diluted black acrylic paint.
* * * * * *
I should be back blogging more consistently. The Advil and cold packs seem to be doing a good job. It doesn't seem like I will need physical therapy!!
You will probably see a wider variety of crafts though, because knitting in general seems to aggravate the shoulder. So I will be focusing more on some crafts that I have been wanting to do, but that I put aside for knitting. Hopefully this will be a good thing.
I intend to try to blog each day, except for when we are in Ohio (Jan 1st-Jan 5th). No one in his family even has a computer. We were sent a couple pictures of the boy's nephew, lets face it, I already consider him mine too. Anyways, he's a doll, I'll try to scan one in and show you guys tomorrow. Evidently, I have been spelling his name wrong, not Gerrin, but Garren. Oops, that's what you get when families don't communicate well.
Any who, things seem to be moving in a positive way. Maybe 2010 will be a wonderful year!