Monday, April 5, 2010

TAST - Week 5 & LOEP

This week for TAST 2, we had the Knotted Buttonhole Stitch :


I tried different heights, numbers, and alternating sides. I really liked this stitch. A lot of possibility even though it appears simple.
Knotted Buttonhole Stitch

I wanted to see how it looked around a shape. It did very nicely. Will probably use this one in my alphabet set.
Knotted Buttonhole Stitch




Lakshmi from Hand Embroidery from Sadalas mentioned in her post how the German Buttonhole Stitch was similar.

It is basically the same stitch, except here you go through the front of the two stitches which just wraps the stitches snugly. In the Knotted Buttonhole Stitch you go through the back, which creates a knot.

This stitch was easier when it came to tension, but didn't do was well shapes. I liked this one too.
German Buttonhole Stitch




In TAST 1, Week 5, we had the Chevron Stitch:

Loved this stitch, but since it is the Herringbone realm, I am not surprised.
Chevron Stitch

It also works lovely in a curve.
Chevron Stitch




I decided to also go back and do one of the family stitches of the Detached Chain Stitch, the Whipped Chain Stitch:

Honestly, this is a great stitch! I have decided that instead of couching, I am using this stitch to do the Numbers set. So incredibly easy and it looks great!
Whipped Chain Stitch


Whipped Chain Stitch





I also got some Alphabet work done today:


Here is my lower case a: I used Open Cretan Stitch for this. It was a bit of a pain doing it, but I think it worked nicely.
Lower Case a


For my Capital B, I used the Chevron Stitch. This was more difficult that I thought it would be. It took me about 50 minutes to do this one. It was all about the spacing.
Capital B


5 comments:

  1. Hello Walden,
    Good idea t do both TAST1 @ TAST2 simultaniously..
    your examplers are very nice. I liked the lower case A...
    thanks for noticing and explaining the difference between the german knotted and knotted buttonhole stiches.

    love
    lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! You're a busy bee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stitching. TAST is fun. I'm glad you like the quilts on my blog. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I like seeing the difference between the curves and straight stitches. The letters are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummmm,,, this looks very nice, I have never seen this done with letters!
    I like it!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete