Monday, December 27, 2010

Advent Scarf - Days 4, 5, and 6

I just finished through day 6 of the Advent Scarf. Still enjoying it, but it is still a side project while I work on other things too.


This is day 4. This is one of those lace designs that takes a while to see where it's going. I almost did more repeats, just to be able to see the lace better, but that is a slippery slope to start down. :)
Photobucket

Here is day 5, more nupps again. I changed how I did them, this time I did 9 loops, instead of 7 and then slipped them back onto the left needle and knit them all through the back loop. This worked out much better, but was more fiddly.
Photobucket

This one shows the texture better, but is off in color.
Photobucket

Day 6 is very pretty. Some day I will makes socks with this stitch pattern.
Photobucket


Will post more about the scarf when I have the next 3 days done.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm hoping to get some knitting done now that I've frogged the project and cussed some.
    ha
    Take care, feeling better now?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Nupps are a pain in the neck, but so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still loving the idea of a sampler scarf. Someday...

    ReplyDelete