Friday, March 16, 2012

John's Socks

Yarn : JoAnn's Sensations Bamboo and Ewe
Color : Turquoise
Content : 40% Wool, 30% Nylon, 15% Rayon
Care : Machine Wash
Needles : US 1 / 2.25mm (KnitPicks 47" Circular)
Pattern : Modified version of Kellswater Socks, Rav Link
Modifications: Top down, heel flap, modified version of diamond/cable chart to fit 76 stitches, and no anchor chart used.

I have made these socks my bus knitting, which means I get plenty of time, if the bus is not so packed that everyone is squished together!






This one isn't color correct, but it shows the texture wonderfully.  I have to say that I really love the texture in these socks, because the chart is so easily memorized I have not trouble zooming through it and it is easy to do on the bus.
Photobucket

This one is a little more color correct and shows the front of the sock.
Photobucket

Here is the heel flap, just a simple slip stitch heel, was going to use the cable down the heel, but it's too much of a difference in fabric and I think it would feel weird with shoes on.
Photobucket




I am really liking these socks, still into the cable thing. If he likes these, I might knit him a more colorful pair in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome socks!! I love the stitch definition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Sure he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture! I really should knit more cables. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cables! These are really looking good!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete