Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Spinning Attraction

Ha ha, you thought I was going to talk about the exercise bike, huh? Gotcha!

The spinning attraction started with this blog post from Erica of Desigknit. She fell in love with a picture and I fell in love with her colorway Sea Anemone. I had to have it! This is actually the first dyed roving I have ever bought, usually I dye my own.


I mean seriously people, is it not just beautiful?!?!? This is the first time I have worked with Polwarth before too and I am LOVING it!
Photobucket

I am working very hard to make my spinning thicker, so instead of like a thread thickness, it's more like a lace-weight single, which looks enormous to me, but I am liking it. The colors are just beautiful . . . I am thinking about designing some gloves for it when I am done spinning it.
Photobucket



The Wook, wanted me to reassure all his lovely readers that he is doing much better and he is NOT eating any roving . . . not because he didn't try though! He looks tired because we just got home from a 2 hour play at the doggy park and he loved it! He played with a Chihuahua named Bella and they ran, wrestled, and wore each other out. He is slowly transitioning to doggy food, here is his dinner tonight (a repeat of yesterday night).

Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. Lovely fiber! The Wook is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roving is beautiful, the spinning, fine in every sense of the word, but Wookie steals the show!!

    --Chan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you like it. Isn't the Polwarth wonderful? It should help with making thicker yarn, too...mine really puffed up when plied!

    Glad the Wook is learning to like other dogs! Sounds like the dog park has been a great thing for him.

    ReplyDelete