Saturday, June 16, 2012

Biking to and fro

Since it has been a very nice Spring, for the most part this year, I have been riding my bike a lot. I ride it about 2-5 times a week to work depending on how I feel and the weather. It's about a 25 minute/ 5.5 mile bike ride to work and back. It could go quicker, but there are numerous stop lights in the city. I count my blessing that with the way people in Buffalo drive, I haven't been hit yet, only had a couple of close calls.

Here is my bike set up for work:





I love these bags, I got the set up cheap at Wal*Mart.
DSC04933

It works well because having a back pack just makes me more sweaty, which is fun enough in this wonderful heat we have been having.

They have tons of little pockets to for drinks, etc.
DSC04934


There is actually a bag that hooks to the top of these two and lays on the top, but that is just excessive for me right now and I don't need that space so it sits at home. But these two bags work nice, I put my lunch in one and my work cloths and kindle in the other, use one of the smaller pockets for my keys, wallet, etc.

They are easy to unhook and take into the house with me at the end of the day too.

5 comments:

  1. Neat. When the bug is older I want to get bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I miss bike-riding, but my back won't tolerate it anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike bags are wonderful. It makes such a difference not having to carry a backpack when riding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is super impressive that you ride that much and that you can carry that much!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is nice! You got those at Wal Mart? That is super. Great exercise.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete