Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Inspirations

Ah, this summer is busy in so many ways. :)

I am enjoying my venture into Paleo eating. It does definitely help me feel better. I do still include the occasional cheat, but they are getting less. I am trying to make it so more of my prep is done over the weekend, so I have a little more time during the week, but it is still something I am working at.



Sewing Inspiration:

I love how simple it looks to make this Dresden Plate Block.



Recipe Inspirations:

~I think this pizza crust would be interesting to try. I also think it would make a nice experiment to go thinner and see if they made decent tortillas.

~I am a super fan of lemon and these Lemon Bars sound like a nice treat that wouldn't be too much of a cheat.

~I am interested in trying celery root in place of potatoes, so these Celery Root Hash Browns look not only good, but something that I could make on the weekend and eat throughout the week for breakfast.

~Who doesn't love sweets? This Chocolate Pudding looks promising as a nice sweet treat.

~Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and I haven't had one for years now. I want to try these Snickerdoodles and see how they compare to my memories!

~Jerky is always a nice snack to fill you up and I want to try these Beef Jerky and Salmon Jerky recipes.

~I will be trying a paleo version of this Crockpot Mongolian Beef recipe.

~These are not within my paleo eating, but I am sure my husband would love these Nutella Stuffed Brownie Cookies!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had celery root before, let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love celery root. We've used it in Austria quite a lot. Did you loose weight with your Paleo diet? I've lost so much in the beginning, then I had such stress in my life, that I could not stick to it. So far I've kept it off, but I have yet to get really back to it. It makes me feel so much better in many ways, and still I'm having a hard time sticking to it. Maybe hearing others success story (and reading about it) will help me. Have you read Mark's Daily Apple blog posts yet? Very inspirational, and informative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the paleo is working for you! I think I'd have a problem with the cheating, but maybe not if I really committed to it. I like celery root a lot. I don't know if sunchokes count for the Paleo diet, but they're another root veggie that is kind of in a similar vein.

    ReplyDelete