Friday, January 4, 2013

Bobba Hats

I am trying to knit things that I find interesting, whether or not they have a recipient in mind for 2013 and I tried to start that I little early so Christmas weekend I knitted two hats with the same pattern but very different outcomes.


The first hat:
Yarn: Rozetti Always Dreams
Color: Light Purple
Content: 75% Acrylic / 25% Wool

Yarn: Stitch Nation - Alpaca Love
Color: Dusk
Content: 80% Wool / 20% Alpaca

Needles: US 6

Pattern: Bobba Hat

DSC05354_zpsa746c91b

This one I did the little ball at the top.  If I was to knit it over again as a snug hat, I would knit a size smaller, but make it about an inch or so longer as I like hats to cover my ears completely. 
Photobucket

I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  I thought at first it looked a little silly, but I ended up really liking the rolled brim.
DSC05360_zpsa3863093




The second hat:
Yarn: Stitch Nation - Bamboo Ewe
Color: Twilight
Content: 55% Bamboo / 45% Wool

Yarn: Handspun Alpaca that was gifted to me by someone I worked with last year
Color: 1 ply is brown, 2nd ply is white, pink, and blue
Content: 100% Alpaca

Needles: US 6

Pattern: same as above, Bobba Hat

DSC05348_zps8d19e28c

This one is super warm due to the Alpaca and I love it!
DSC05349_zpsd7e0fb71


DSC05352_zps37e39dfb


I have the whole PDF Booklet that this pattern is part of and plan on knitting more of the patterns out of this hat book.

3 comments:

  1. Nice hats! Are you still biking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those. I think I prefer the one without the bobble at the top, but that's not a surprise, considering that it's me. Yay for knitting things you're interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out so different! Really like the pattern!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete