Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Knitty

Well, the new Knitty is out and I have to say this one is quite enjoyable. Most of the time there are a few items I find appealing, but not most of them. This time most of them seem appealing.

*In warning, with most patterns my mind wants to deviate at least a little from original, so read these opinions with that in mind*

Shetland Shorty - - I think this is very simple and nice. I can see this being something to wear over tank tops. At first I thought it looked way too simple, not appealing, but in the end I think that is what is so appealing about it.

Inverness - - I think this is an attractive top from every angle except head on. As a larger person, this seems to only emphasis what stomach the model has and I don't think I would want that for myself. However, I think it is just because the front pattern part comes to a point like that. If it was all done in the pattern or alternating panels of that pattern and the reverse stockinette, I think it would work much better and would probably be something I would wear.

Gigi - - I think the design for this is nice. I am not much for the over large sleeves and if I was to knit this it would most likely be shifted into a vest with no sleeves or a top with closer fitting short sleeves. I think the use of slightly variegated yarn looks really nice with this piece.

Thira - - This has a lovely design to it, but I would probably make the top into straps over the shoulder due to the fact that I dislike things on my neck like that. Otherwise, I really like the pattern.

Eloping - - Not really a need for me right now.

Chevette - - Not a choker, necklace person.

Seascape - - This one is very lovely, the pattern is nice. I am not yet much of a shawl/wrap knitter, but I could see making this for myself.

Helena - - I think this is adorable and would consider knitting it if I knew any babies.

Muscari socks - - I think the pattern looks okay, but I am not a fan of variegated yarn with most patterns. Unlike the designer, I don't think the pattern stands out very well in the yarn.

Spring forward socks - - I love these socks! I think the yarn goes very well with the pattern. I really like the winding pattern of the socks and will most definitely be making this pattern in the near future.

Ziggy socks - - I liked these socks the first time I saw them, but the more I look at them I don't like them. I think this is mostly due to the colors used for the sock though and I think these would be worth making in another color.

Couvercle - - I am not much of a hat person, especially not a hat with brim person. This hat would only make my head look bigger.

Autogyro - - I don't think this is a type of hat that should be knitted, doesn't quite look right to me.

BYOB - - I love this bag. Probably mostly because of my love of moss stitch/seed stitch type patterns. Definitely considering making this bag!

Well that's all of my input today, here is a little quiz thing I did. I think it fits me well enough.

you are mediumturquoise
#48D1CC

Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.

Your saturation level is medium - You're not the most decisive go-getter, but you can get a job done when it's required of you. You probably don't think the world can change for you and don't want to spend too much effort trying to force it.

Your outlook on life is brighter than most people's. You like the idea of influencing things for the better and find hope in situations where others might give up. You're not exactly a bouncy sunshine but things in your world generally look up.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment