Friday, July 31, 2009

Homework

I have joined an online tatting class about designing. Here is my homework from our first assignment.

Here is the first version of our homework. We are starting out very basic.




This was one I did after looking at other people's homework, just to see if mine did the same as some of their "errors", but found that it could still work, depending on some minor issues of tension and blocking.




So far, it has been fun getting back into tatting. I will admit that I had to give myself a bit of a refresher since it has been almost two years since I have consistently tatted. I slowed and then eventually stopped because it is something that aggravates my wrists a lot, but I am taking it slow.

I also learned how to do a Lark's Head Picot Join, which I think works more effectively than any other picot join I have tried. But it takes more patience and more thought about placement.

2 comments:

  1. I have a good friend who tats and has made me some wonderful things. I understand that it is very difficult to learn and has become somewhat of a lost art. Hopefully, it will make a comeback.

    ReplyDelete