The mitts fit fairly well, but I will make mods on the next pair. I have decided all of this yarn that I dyed, regardless of color, will become mitts/mittens and hats. Yes, I am going to give into mittens.
I will most likely do ribbing or some equivalent of garter edging for the arms in the future or do increases after the wrist, because it's a bit snug on my arm.
The hat was made to match the mitts, I did the band the same way the band on the mitts is started, picked up stitches, increased and knit stripes. I added the black because there wasn't going to be enough blue. I like the way it turned out.
The blue wool is a bit rough and does irritate my forehead a little, but minimal.
Yarn: Barlett Yarns/Halcyon Yarn / Lana Gross Basics Joker
Content: 100% Wool (very rough feeling wool) / 80% wool and 20% nylon
Color: dyed blue-ish colors by me / Black
Care: hand wash and dry
Needles: US 3, US 6
Patterns: No pattern for the hat, it's all made up, but the pattern for the gloves is here Camp-Out Fingerless Mitts
Modifications: I did mod the gloves slightly, because my hands are larger than your average females.