Monday, March 8, 2010

Pay It Forward Spoilers - PiF recipients beware

First I made crochet scrubbies, because honestly, I loved mine and think everyone should have one:

Each recipient will receive one. I improve the size a bit and I hope they enjoy them.





Next I made these wonderful little purses using this tutorial. I am not as adept with a sewing machine as I would hope, so there are a few hand sewn sections, which made it take longer. Plus, holy heavens, I never imagined Flex Frames for purses to be such an annoyance to put together. Horrible lighting, sorry.

Each purse is around 8"x7.5". I enlarged mine from the original tutorial, because the only decently priced flex frames I could find at the time were 8" ones.


Each one had colors I felt most fit the person, hopefully I am correct.


I am thinking about making one or two more of these purses and giving them away for my blogiversary coming up in a couple months, but if I do, I will probably hand sew the most of it. We shall see.


The flex frame opens up into a hexagon shape. It's stiff to open at first, but after a few times they seemed to loosen up a little.


Each purse also has one of these guys in it and they are holding inside of them some:


of these little stitch markers, which I love.





In the end, I hope everyone enjoys their Pay It Forward gifts, even if they are late. I definitely enjoyed making them!

8 comments:

  1. Every thing is cute. I am sure your people will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, all of it. Makes me want to be one of the recipient! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, thoughtful gifts! I'm sure they'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gifts.I like those scrubbies especially.
    Best regards from India,
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bags came out great! And the scrubbers are sure to come in handy, too. Fun presents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so late in sending my word of thanks, nevertheless, here it is! I arrived home between my weary travels to find a package from you! The next day, I was off again and then my mom came to visit...for a MONTH! Life is back to normal and I am catching up on all of the things to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love the thoughtful gift and my colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete