Monday, March 15, 2010

TAST 2 - Week Two

I spent a lot of time this week doing embroidery in my free time and not a lot of anything else. This coming week I will be better with the other crafts. In the mean time:

TAST 2 Week 2 - - Knotted Loop Stitch.

I had some tension issues with this one, but once I got the hang of it, I really liked the stitch.




I saw some leaves on other people examples and had to do one of my own. Tension is not so good here. I do think this might be a time when a hoop would be beneficial.


I tried overlapping a little with different colors. I like the effect it had, but it was a little bit of a pain to do.



After I did TAST 1 and figured that the Button Hole Stitch and the Knotted Loop Stitch are similar. The Barbed stitch made me wonder what the Knotted Loop Stitch would look like wrapped like that. Didn't work out as nicely, but that could have been a tension issue.







TAST 1 Week 2 - - Button Hole Stitch & Family. I say family because Sharon of Pin Tangle provides the stitches in the family too. Any stitches that were in the family, but not used in future weeks, I practiced also.

I loved working this stitch, as you can see I did a lot of practice. I did my first couching in the bottom left corner. I liked it. I bunched everything so close that it was difficult to impossible to separate them into their own little pictures.




Barbed Button Hole Stitch

I didn't much care for this first one. The sewing was down with too thick of thread.


Loved this one though. It turned out much better.



Berwick Stitch

This is basically the Button Hole Stitch with a knot. The knot added some much needed stability and made curves easier.



Button Hole Bar Stitch

I think I will need to experiment with this some more. I like the structure this could provide of outlining and item. But tacked down frequently. I tried my hand at a star and think it didn't go too shabby. More practice and experimentation needed though.




Closed Button Hole Stitch

I liked this one. A little more attention needed if you want the triangles to be roughly the same size, especially going on a curve. The green one reminds me of a dinosaurs back.


I was especially pleased with the sun I made and the overlapping of the stitches in different colors. I just like the way the colors (pink and yellow) blend so well to make an orange color if you aren't looking closely.



Detached Button Hole Stitch

At first I liked the idea of this stitch, but really didn't like how it looked. Horribly hard for me to keep accurate tension and I didn't think it looked very nice or professional the was the stitches were.


Then I found this tutorial and it showed a slightly different way to do the stitch. I like the stability and consistency this way provided and I like the woven look of the stitch.




Rosette of Thorns Stitch

This one was simple, just the Button Hole Stitch but with specific spacing qualities. Looks like grass to me and not thorns.



6 comments:

  1. i liked the leaf. waiting to see your 3rd stitch now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I had forgotten how many different stitches there are out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice makes perfect! I so don't have the patience to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a lot of different stitches! Great samples.

    I always use an embroidery hoop, it's much more easy to get the tension right. First I didn't like the use of my hoop, but now I don't like to embroider without it any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love seeing all the stitch patterns. It would be really fun to save them all and make a "sampler" piece when you're done...just a random patchwork of stitch patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the different styles, good job :)

    ReplyDelete