Friday, September 17, 2010

Bakers Dozen Square - September

Love how this one turned out!


Photobucket


Photobucket





Yarn : Alpaca Love
Color : Dusk (Purple) and Fern
Content : 80% Wool / 20% Alpaca
Care : Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry
Needles : US 5 / 3.75mm
Pattern : Top of Page 96 in Beautiful Knitting Patterns by Gisela Klopper

Love the knitting into a stitch below technique. This was the first time I've tried it. I had to use a crochet hook instead to grab the yarn. Part of what made the square turn out so well was the yarn though. Glad I chose to try it out. I think there might be some future work with this yarn.

I think this pattern would be nifty to try with different colors to make it look more like wild flowers in a field. I have some ideas I might like to try out.

It should be done blocking tomorrow *crosses fingers*, the cooler weather isn't helping with the drying.

3 comments:

  1. Those colors work so well together. They really show off the stitch technique. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color contrast, and texture on this one!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete