Saturday, September 18, 2010

Joys of test knitting

I decided to join one of the test knitting groups on Ravelry called Free Pattern Testers. The first item I am test knitting is called Ladders of Success Cap. It is going well. I am about half way done. The fabric is at a looser gauge than I prefer, but most patterns in general are. However, they farther I get in the hat I think it will be quite comfortable like this.


Photobucket


Photobucket




I decided to join this group because I figured this would give me a chance to try things that I might not normally try. With a deadline, they would definitely get finished. So far so good.

I will be back tomorrow with some pretty pictures of the fabric I washed, trimmed, and ironed today!

3 comments:

  1. Like all the texture on the cap! I think the ironing element is going to keep me from loving sewing much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that knits things at half the recommended gauge! The cabling is beautiful in that cap, though I think it would "pop" more in a firmer fabric. It's beautiful, though. Have fun with the test knits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of it! (and of course I love blue)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete