Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Ellie’s Brattleboro Hat

Yarn: Jo Ann Sensation Cuddle
Color: Lilac
Content: 100% acrylic
Care: Machine wash and dry
Needles: US 0 / 2mm
Pattern: Brattleboro Hat
Modifications: Took general pattern and changed the numbers for my gauge and desired size to make a newborn version. Also knit the button band again as one piece.


The front with the adorable Teddy Bear button. I bought the safety kind, so she should not be able to get it off.
Photobucket


The back.
Photobucket



It may have taken some time only working on it here and there, with such a small gauge, but I love the way it turned out. This is newborn size though, so it won't fit her for long. I plan on making some more hats though. Gotta see what kind of nifty hats I can manipulate into baby hats!

4 comments:

  1. THAT is adorable! There's a baby coming next month... I can knit it in a neutral and have boy and girl buttons ready to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute! I have a new little niece that may (or may not, depending on time) get a hat for Christmas. This might just be the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the button also!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete