Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blue Diamond Socks

I have been working on and off on these socks since I made my November Bakers Dozen Square with this pattern. Still loving it, just working on some other things too. Hope to get back to these and my colorwork socks soon!

I had casted on the ribbing to this sock with a plan sock in mind. Just something simple to knit and I badly need some more hand knit socks. I only have two and they are a few years old now. Any who, after making the November square, I loved the pattern so much, I knew this yarn, these socks, were meant to be made with this pattern.


Photobucket

Doesn't it look lovely?
Photobucket


Photobucket


Alas, I forgot that I had cast these one with negative ease in mind since they were going to be plain socks. After this point, I tried them on and couldn't get them over my heel! So I frogged what I had, redid my numbers and cast on again. I also altered the ribbing section so they flow seamlessly into the diamond pattern. Unfortunately, I have only worked on them a little since then.

Photobucket



Cannot wait to get back to them though. I know they are going to be the perfect pair of socks! In fact, I have more sock knitting in mind, but I shall wait until I can get to at least the ones' I have already casted on for!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's too bad! I like this pattern, and the color of the yarn too. They will be gorgeous socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The color is perfect for the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yarn, and the stitch pattern. Totally worth redoing if it means you get the perfect socks.

    ReplyDelete