Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lacey Thorns

Yarn: Rozetti – Always Dreams

Color: 116-04 (Variegated bright pink)

Content: 75% Acrylic / 25% Wool

Care: Machine wash and dry flat

Needles: US 2 / 2.75mm

Gauge: 7sts per inch

Pattern: Taking inspiration from the Mistletoes pattern.

Modifications: I am using the cast on numbers (20) and the starting foot numbers (40), but everything else changes. The top of the foot pattern is a simple lace stitch pattern called Lace Thorns from the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. I start the gusset increases when my heel begins. My gusset stitches increase to 68 stitches total, then the heel turn adds another 8. The heel decreases my stitches down to 48. Lace pattern all around for the small bit of leg and then 2x2 ribbing lined up with the pattern for 6 rows.



Photobucket



Here is my progress on the second sock. Getting close!

2 comments:

  1. I believe Blogger ate my comment. I was just trying to say I love it!! (I am NOT anonymous - Chan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO I like the color and the pattern!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete