Friday, February 1, 2013

Update on Goals

So on the first of each month, I wanted to revisit my 33 in 33 things to see what, if any progress I was making. Not only to keep myself accountable, but also to kind of pat myself on the back . . . both I think are needed for me to succeed.


So here is my list of things to try/work on/accomplish in no specific order:

1. Spin a sweaters worth of yarn. - I purchased 12oz so far of a lovely roving that I would love to spin and knit into a sweater for myself. - No progress on this, I am still working on the roving that is currently on my wheel.

2. Start knitting a sweater with hand-spun yarn. - See #1.

3. Take 30 minutes a day to either exercise/meditate. - This has been sporadic, I'd say about 50% of the time I have been successful.

4. Attend the church next door at least twice. - I am missing lately the feeling of community and the church is a Unitarian Church, so they accept people of any belief, so I want to go and see if it's somewhere I might feel like I belong. - Not yet.

5. Have an allowance, no more that $50 per month, while saving for a house. - Yeah, didn't so much work this month.

6. Try making my own triangle shawl design. - I am finding that this winter season I am really preferring shawls over scarves due to bulk issues. - In my life is too busy, let's cast on everything feeling, I have actually cast on something for this. 

7. Design a sweater for Eleanor based on the Bobba Hat. - have not started the design, but did change my mind on the colors and ordered new yarn

8. Knit a sweater/top for Justice. - thinking about a cabled smooshy sweater  - have not started yet

9. Knit a sweater/top for Vera. - thinking about a lovely summery top - I chose to be a part of a specific test-knit, because of this, I think it is a top Vera will like. 

10. Knit a sweater/top for Liam. - vest or dressy/nerdy looking sweater for a classy little young man - have not started yet

11. Sew Rhoni and Eleanor's birthday gifts. - special request from Rhoni, have I mentioned how much I love requests. - have purchased fabric, washed it and hope to get somewhere this weekend with this

12. Sew Echo, Justice, and Vera a version of these also for a Mother's Day gift for Echo. - haven't started these, still plenty of time

13. Sew myself a version of this also, as I think it would be nifty. - not started yet.

14 - 17. Knit double-knit Seahawks/Mariners cowls for Echo, Justice, Vera, and Rhoni. - I won't be starting this till about Spring or Summer

18. Knit Eleanor some nifty socks. - did start socks with this intention, but gauge ended up larger than expected and I think they are going to be the perfect size for her mom

19. Knit Jacob's socks by Valentine's Day. - I am knitting  these two at a time and am a little over half way done

20. Fix loom so I can actually use it. - Progress has been made, about 80% fixed.

21. I want 2013 to be the Year of Swatching for me. - I would like to knit more swatches just for the sake of swatching to create ideas, to try new stitch designs, etc. - this hasn't made any progress

22. Take the time to eat healthy. - I haven't been doing so well this end of the year and have gained some of my weight back and in general felt blah. - I would love to say I have made good progress, but that isn't so

23. Try more variety for Wookie's homemade food and make batches big enough to freeze. - We have gone to homemade food supplemented with some kibble. - this is going well and Wookie is eating much healthier and seems to be feeling better

24. Knit Dark and Stormy sweater along with Knitting Samurai Plus 1 Group. - Another attempt to bring myself into more "community" type activities. Plus it just looks like a nifty sweater. - I have started this, but am not as far along as I like . . . due to being busy and wanting to work on several different things.  Due to busy life, haven't been very active on the board, which was what I was hoping for.

25. Try more experimenting in cooking, especially Paleo cooking and Gluten-Free baking. - Not so much here, looking forward to February having more of this

26. Try dyeing the cotton/linen yarn I have so that I will actually use it. - haven't tried this, probably won't happen until Summer when it is warmer for drying purposes

27. Knit John a pair of Birthday Socks in the Alda Road Socks pattern with the Stellar colorway from Apothecary Yarns. - probably won't start these until I am done with Jacob's

28. This summer try taking Wookie out with the bicycle. - I purchased last summer one of the kids buggies that go behind the bike for him, so I could ride my bike to the dog park with him, but never did it this year. - Summer time

29. Buy one of the Petite Turkish Spindles from Riley Wood and Fiber Art. - Love the look of his Petite Spindles and I don't have to have it Internationally Shipped! - not yet

30. Finish Eleanor's Blanket that I started before she was born. - Yes, it has sat 80% finished for the last almost 2 years. - have not restarted this yet

31. Finish Vera's Blanket that I started before she was born. - Yes, I started it 4 years ago . . . I would like to finish it, it's about 70% complete. I have a harder time finishing things when they are no longer travel size! - I was working on this a little each night, but have put it aside while I work on her sweater/top

32. Accept that knitting or crafting does not always have to have a recipient, sometimes it's just nice to make something. - right now I have so many things I want to make that have recipients, that this hasn't had any time

33. Experiment with life more.- bits and pieces, the husband and I are going to restrict our eating out, to make more dinners with each other and spend more time together

3 comments:

  1. Giggle... love that Wookie is eating well and feeling better, but you didn't seem to prioritize the same for yourself. That is a chronic issue in my world. I agonize over every single bit of food that goes into Sissy's mouth, and yet won't do anything close to the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my present might be late.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like good progress for one month!

    ReplyDelete