Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wintery Hat

Remember the first real yarn I made and plied on my wheel? Yes, the gray over kinked stuff. Well I wasn't going to use it as is, so I cable-plied it, making it a 9ply yarn, this ended up a nice worsted weight. I took my leftover alpaca from my sisters Christmas hat a couple years ago and knit a nice winter warm hat. . . .


 photo DSC05758_zps3dde656d.jpg


 photo DSC05741_zpsaa4a8555.jpg


 photo DSC05738_zpscca8a7fb.jpg


Yarn: My handspun made into a 9ply cabled yarn / Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande
Color: Gray / Natural
Content: 100% Wool / 100% Alpaca
Care: Handwash, lay flat
Needle: US6
Pattern: All made up as I went.

1 comment:

  1. Hey love the hat. I was just thinking of hats, it frosted last night. Very nice, I'm loving the gray!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete