Monday, September 1, 2014

Flower Hat

Yikes, so I disappeared for a few days. Our internet was down for a couple days last week so I couldn't do a Wookie Wednesday. They have been doing all kinds of construction in our neighborhood and I'm sure someone hit a line somewhere. Then I just got busy and spaced off blogging for a few days. I leave early Friday morning for Washington State to visit my family. I have been working on finishing up a couple princess dresses that I'll be showing here in a couple of days. I will also be starting a new job when I return from my vacation, so I had to get specific clothes and go to orientation. Lots of busy, lots of fun.


In the last few days I did this test-knit for Erica of DesigKnit tentatively called Flower Hat.


 photo 20140831_195305_zpstslyxwef.jpg


 photo 20140831_194403_zpsnyktnxbd.jpg


 photo 20140831_194454_zpsocheglqt.jpg



I made a magic ball with approximately 12 yards of each color, the ball originally included a yellow also, but I didn't need as much yarn as the pattern had estimated, this is probably due to my gauge, but I still love it even without the yellow and not all the orange. I thought about doing specific stripes, but for the sake of the test-knit I wanted to know my yardage.

I used acrylic because worsted weight is really the only weight were I have little to no wool, it's all acrylic or cotton.

I loved knitting the hat, from start to finish it only took me a few days . . . about 10 hours.


Yarn: Red Heart with Love Solids
Color: Black, Evergreen, True Blue, Aubergine, Holly Berry, Mango
Content: 100% Acrylic
Care: Machine Wash and Dry
Needle: US 5
Pattern: Test-knit Flower Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment