Monday, June 30, 2008

The Return of the Knitting

I bring you pictures of the socks! I really like how both of them turned out.

My mother's Spring Leaf Socks:

Pattern: Ten Stitch Leafy Lace from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Needles: 1us or 2.25mm
Yarn: Sockotta (45% cotton, 40% superwash, 15% nylon)
Color: 816 - - or in my words "spring green"
Modifications: I turned it into a twelve stitch pattern so it could accomodate the size I needed.
Short row heel and Joan's Favorite Toe.


Here they are together, one on its side.


Here is a lovely close-up of Joan's Favorite Toe. I really like the way it looks compared to the "normal" toe I have been doing before. We shall see if my mom thinks it is more comfortable or not.


Here is a close-up of the short row heel. So far, I really don't have a preference over short row or heel flap.


And lastly, a close-up of the leaf pattern.




I really enjoyed making these and in the end, I do not mind the bright spring green color. I really hope my mom likes these.

Onto the next socks, these are Echo's socks.

Yarn: Knit Picks 100% Merino
Color: Echo Colorway (hand dyed by me with kool-aid and Wilton's dyes)
Needles: 0us/2mm needles
Pattern: stockinette, k1 p1 ribbing for cuff, short row heel, and Joan's Favorite Toe.

First we have both socks together.


The lovely short row heel!


I think this is a great picture that shows off Joan's Favorite Toe. I hope these fit Echo well, even though her toes have a sharper angle.







I really love these socks. I loved knitting them and watching how the colors worked together. It makes me feel a little egotistical, but I am really proud of how these ended up working out.

I am ready to cast on my next pair of socks. You'll have to wait for a few days to see a glimpse of them though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment