Saturday, June 14, 2008

Socks and Strawberries!

Is there a better combination that socks and strawberries? Maybe, but not today. As much as I dislike how time consuming using thin yarn and small needles are, I have a confession . . . I really, really like using thin yarn and small needles. In fact, I am getting so use to using smaller needles that even 6us or 8us needles feel huge when I use them! The odd things we learn about ourselves. I really want to try some miniature crocheting too, but that will have to wait until gifts are done.

Here is the first Echo sock:






I used the round toe again from Joan's Favorite Toe. I really like the way this toe looks compared to the toe I have tried it the past. We shall see if my sister thinks it is as comfortable as I think it looks. I really love the way the colors work together, except close to the toe there is a little pooling of green, it's not overly noticeable, but still looks a little off to me. You can see it on the sole of the sock right before the toe decreases happen. I am thinking of using the rest of the yarn to possibly make her some gloves of some sort if I have enough left. But those will probably be a Christmas gift . . . long way away.

And a few plant pics, WARNING: I am a huge plant nerd evidently and will try and grow almost anything! First off we have the strawberry and it's almost done:







And last, here is what the warning was about. We bought some rice at the food co-op to try something new. In all honesty, not the best rice, but not the worst. Any who, some of the rice pieces were still green and not brown. So in my quest for knowledge, I wanted to see if I could get one of them to grow. I put about three in a little dish with a good amount of water and a paper towel. One started to grow and I added a little dirt. See for yourselves:







Isn't that just so nifty!! Well, I think it is. My boyfriend looks at me like I am from Mars. I get so excited about some things, like a small child, and he looks at me like I am a weirdo. Anyways, it's not like I really expect anything grand from this little seedling. Just an experiment. I will probably put him in a little peat pot or something tomorrow.

Well, that is all for tonight. Lots of crafts to do and so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment