Saturday, October 4, 2008

Accepting Limitations

Well, here is a new WIP that was just started a couple of nights ago:







Everyone meet Jeanie from Knitty's Winter 2007. Jeanie is replacement knitting. I have decided that for now and maybe forever, the Frog Shawl that changed into another shawl, was just not meant to be. I love working with fine yarn and small needles, but I ignored the shawl once I actually started on it. I have made myself accept a few things with the shawl: 1) my mother doesn't even care for wool, I am the one who loves it, 2) It is not superwash, so she would have to hand wash it and pin it out, which is probably just not going to happen, 3) I will probably never finish it knowing it is not something she would probably use and love, and lastly 4)I liked the idea of it and the planning too much that I didn't see how it wasn't really a shawl for my mom, but something nifty I wanted to make. I will leave the tiny shawl type knitting to my wedding veil and make my mom something I think she will enjoy and use a whole bunch.

So, unfortunately, Jeanie has a lot to live up to at this point. *smile* My mom likes cable and loves green, so it should work out nicely.

Yarn: Red Heart Sport (feels nice and soft and will be easily washed)
Content: 100% acrylic
Color: Pistachio
Needles:US 6 / 4mm
Gauge: not a concern here

I am using a size six because I can't comfortable go up as many needles sizes as the pattern would like me to, but I refrained from going down from the recommended needles size to a needle that would make a denser fabric(which is what I usually do), since the pattern is suppose to be nice and drapey. I have high hopes of this WIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment