Saturday, October 4, 2008

Red on the Brain

Ah, some more WIPs:

First off is what I am calling Phoenix Rising, we shall see how the name actually ends up panning out since the colorway may or may not end up as I think. This is a variegated yarn with reds, browns, tans, and black.

Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit
Content: 70% wool, 25% polyamid, 7% PBT
Color: 716
Needles:US 00/metal needles (first time using double zero needles and a long, long time since I have used metal needles, but they are working well and it was easier to find them smaller in metal)

Pattern: Ann Budd's book The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, I am not really using one of hers completely as my gauge is smaller than any of the ones she gives in the book, but I am figuring it out as well as I can with this info.

This is kind of an experiment to see how well her pattern-ish fits than the ones I am making using no pattern, but my own logic in my head. We shall see, these gloves will also be for my sister Rhoni. Evidently, she likes gloves a whole heck of a lot. She's one of those people though that never seem to get warm enough. Any who, so far I am really loving making these.

Word of caution: they did not photograph well, because it is just too cold for me to go out on the balcony to take pictures in natural light, I tried my best in the living room and by an window in the kitchen. After all, it was only 37 degrees when I took these pictures.











Raspberry Bramble
The next WIP is actually a WIP of the past. I started working on these socks back in like May or something. I took them with me to Washington State when we visited and messed up on turning the heel and just let the sit on my shelf until about a week ago. I ripped it completely back and started anew.

Yarn:Wildfoote
Color: SY-26 Blue Blood Red
Content:75% washable wool, 25% nylon
Needles: US O / 2mm
Pattern: My own. I am using a stitch pattern from a book for the front of the sock, but the sock is my design. I continued the ribbing on down the heel and they are only anklet height.

They were originally intended to be for my mother, but she may need to wear special sock and may not be able to wear these, so we shall see.







No comments:

Post a Comment