Sunday, November 9, 2008

Drawing and more cheating

Here is the drawing from my class on Thursday. This one only partially looks like the model, we had a plaster head and the models head and we were suppose to morph the two together to make the most aesthetically pleasing, sculptural looking head. It mostly looks like the model, but the lips and the eye is from the plaster head.





I really like how this turned out. Even though, in my free time I tend to draw women's faces more (it is far easier to find reference material for women), I really prefer to draw the male faces in class. Or maybe it was just because the female model was so young compared to the male models and there is just not as many interesting things to draw on a younger person. No character, no lines, blah.

Any who, going along with my inability to stay even slightly monogamous, I started Justice's gloves last night. I think this will be nice because a five year old has such smaller hands and her gloves are in a thicker yarn with size two needles. I never though size two would seem all that large, but compared to the US 00 that are used for Rhoni's, they seem huge. *smile*






I have been working on this for the past couple days on and off. An adult size of the Joseph Preemie Hat Pattern. I think it is coming out well so far. I really enjoy this pattern making stuff, it absolutely thrills the mathematically side of me.







Lastly, here are a couple of nifty links:
Check out THIS lovely link for amigirumi hair styles. THIS one is also neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment