Friday, November 28, 2008

FO's

Echo's gloves were a nice change from the very small needles of my dad and Rhoni's gloves, which is why I am sure I finished them first. However, it also might have been the fear of running out of yarn and leaving enough time to potentially have to buy more. This was a yarn I got off of Yarn Cycle on Live Journal, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to find it easily or not.

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool
Content: 100% wool
Color: Sage
Needles: US 3(knitting) US 5(for bind off)
Gauge: 6 stitches per inch
Size: 7.5"
Pattern:Gloves from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns

Modifications: The cuff is approximately 5.5 inches and they are fingerless. Where to end on the fingers was approximated. For the future though I would take into consideration negative ease on the hand, if not the fingers.

This was how much yarn I had left when I was done.


















This is my finished adult version of the Joseph Hat. The next one I am making a little shorter, as it is about an inch or so too long. It kind of reminds me of vintage women's hats. I am enjoying working out this pattern of mine though.

I look a little too ridiculously happy, don't I?





This kind of leads into my New Year's Resolution for 2009, which will turn the focus a little more on me and my ideas. You'll have to wait until New Year's Eve to find it out though.

And ending question, do you prefer large pictures like this or would you prefer that I put little thumbnails for you to click on instead? I would love anyone's opinion on this who is willing to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment