Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More FO's

The long awaited gloves:



As you can see, the colorway almost perfectly aligned in each glove and I did nothing to make that happen, once one ended, I started the second one.



I like how they turned out, I definitely think it is worth it to knit gloves at a very small gauge. I really hope they fit her and she likes them.





Rhoni's Gloves : Phoenix Rising
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit
Color: 716 (red bas with brown, black, tan, and red)
Content: 70% wool, 23% polyamid, 7% Elite(PBT)
Care: Machine wash cold and lay flat to dry
Needles: US 00 / 1.75mm
Gauge: 10st per inch / 14 rows per inch
Pattern: Ann Budd'sThe Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Size: 7.5
Modifications: No modifications, but if I had it to do over, I might consider some negative ease. This was something that dawned on me way to late with every one's gloves.

* * * * * * *

Onto my Dad's gloves:







Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks
Color: Coal
Content: 75% washable wool, 25% nylon
Care: wash in cold water, dry on low/delicate setting
Needles: US 0 / 2mm
Gauge: 8st per inch
Pattern: Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Size: 8.5 (man's medium)
Modifications: Each finger is only about an inch long to make them fingerless gloves.

* * * * * * * *

Justice's Gloves:










Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn
Color: Iced Violet
Content: 100% Acrylic
Care: machine wash and dry
Needle: US 2 / 2.75mm
Gauge: 6.25st per inch
Pattern:Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Size: 6-8 year old
Modifications: None, but even though this is still fairly thin yarn with fairly small needles, if I knit her any again, they will most likely be smaller needles and smaller yarn.

* * * * * * * * * *

Justice's Hat





Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn
Color: Iced Violet
Content: 100% Acrylic
Care: machine wash and dry
Needle: US 2 / 2.75mm
Gauge: 6.25st per inch / 8.5 rows per inch
Pattern:My own Joseph Hat
Size: small

No comments:

Post a Comment