Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mosaic Book Done

I have to say, this book was one of those ideas that sounded so perfect when it was formulated and if anything made me realize that sometimes I don't think things through enough before just diving in. I had no idea how much time this book would take when I first started it and it was a painstaking ordeal to actually get me to finish it . . . FINALLY. In the end, I look at it and think that it was all worth it. I love the way the book turned out in the end. I really hope my mother likes it, because most likely it will be the only book I make like that. I realize now, that I was too picky, too particular about the way I set up the mosaic . . . I wanted it to look just right, I wanted certain colors next to others and certain shapes.


Back


Front


Details









All of the little mosaic pieces are blended polymer clay that was rolled out, cut into geometric shapes, separated on a cookie sheet, and then baked. They were glued on with mod podge and sealed with black acrylic paint that was applied with a pastry bag and a very fine point frosting tip. I realize now that there are steps I could have taken to make it easier on myself, but I wanted it to look precisely how it was in my head . . . did it end up that way in all actuality? No, there were things that didn't work the way I wanted it to and ideas had to be changed, but it turned out all for the better.

The inside:


No comments:

Post a Comment