Friday, October 2, 2009

Food Friday

This Food Friday is Roast.

First off, lets just say that I love my fryer/steamer extraordinaire. Granted it's not really extraordinary, but it is. I love how many different functions I have with one item. I also have never made a roast this way, it's usually in a crock pot, no browning, just cooking.


2lbs of Top Round Roast
1/4 cup Veggie Oil

Brown roast well in veggie oil.


After browned, add 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp whole black peppercorn, and 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper. Add 2 cups of water (continue to add 2 cups of water approximately every 45 minutes, due to evaporation).


Yummy roast about 3 hours later.


Here are the leftover juices.


Mix 2 tbsp cornstarch with 1/2 cup water.


Add cornstarch mix to juices on warm (200 degrees), stir thoroughly and then continue to slowly add about 1.5 cups of water until consistency you want to achieve. Heat to boil.


I strained mine, due to the whole peppercorns.


Yummy gravy.




I also made some stuffing and veggies, but then forgot to take a picture of it all together. Love the way the roast turned out and will definitely be making another roast sometime this week, but with some different seasonings. This was my first time making home-made gravy that worked. I was so happy. Home-made gravy is so much better tasting.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't is amazing. I only make homemade gravy now. Once you taste homemade it makes you wonder how you ever thought the powdered stuff was good. And luckily homemade gravy is super easy to make! I love making country gravy :) Yum Yum. The roast looks good also but I am a sucker for gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...sounds like the perfect fall meal!

    ReplyDelete