Friday, October 16, 2009

Food Friday

Fruit Roll-Ups! My mom and dad got me a dehydrator for my birthday. I use to own one, back in the day and it's nice to have one again. I just wish I had a bit more time to use it. Anyways, my first fruit-roll ups:

About five or six small pears. Peel and all because it adds fiber.


A small bag of frozen raspberries.


Blend together, these two things were definitely sweet enough on there own and did not need any added sweetener of any sort.


First rub fruit-roll up tray with a little oil to make sure it doesn't stick and spread fruit mixture over evenly.


I had to be a little careful, being jostled some in the mail, the tray had a chip. But I intend on getting myself some more trays so it's not a big deal. Plus, it's still usable.


Here it is all done, ignore my dirty stove. I had a bit too much mixture so it took longer to dry, but it was worth it. Very yummy.


I cut it into strips and rolled it up with saran wrap and stuck them in the fridge. They were gone in a couple days.


Only thing I would do differently with these specific fruits is use less raspberry. I wanted to taste more of the pear, but the raspberry pretty much obliterated it and still was a little powerful. I'd like to try some spicy pear roll-ups. I am thinking about blending in a little hot sauce of some sort. Any who, lots of ideas, hope to have the time to make some of them and share them.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!!! I've never tried anything in a dehydrator before but how yummy and healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good! I don't have a dehydrator, but it's one of the things at the top of my wish list. Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete